My favorite season
1. Teaching aims
1) Knowledge aim
Students will get familiar with the new words, such as spring, summer, autumn and learn to ask and answer the sentence structure: which season do you like best?
2) Ability aim
Students will be able to describe their favorite season by listening and speaking.
3) Emotional aim
Students will enjoy the scenery of their favorite season and try to find the beauty of our life.
2. Teaching important and difficult points
1) Important point
Help students to master the usage of new words and sentence structure.
2) Difficult point
Students will be able to describe their favorite season.
3. Teaching and learning methods
Task-based language teaching method, question and answer method, situational teaching method, group work learning method, cooperative learning method…
4. Teaching procedures
Step 1: Lead in
I will ask one question: what’s the weather like today to guide them to review some weather words.
Then I will sing a song named The four seasons to lead in this lesson.
Step 2: Presentation
1) Showing pictures. Four new pictures about four seasons will be shown. Students will learn to read the four words.
2) Listen to the tape. Students will listen to the conversation and answer two questions.
3) Listen again. I will guide the students to learn the new sentence structure: which season do you like best?
Step 3: Practice
1) role play. Students will have a role-play of this conversation to practice the sentences.
2) You draw and I guess. Each group will draw a picture about their favorite season, and other groups will guess the season according to the picture.
Step 4: Production
Do an activity–little reporter. Set a situation: imagine you are a reporter, you should interview your classmates with the sentence: which season do you like best? And try to ask them to describe their favorite season. The best reporter will get a pen as prize.
Step 5: Summery and homework
Students will be asked to summarize what we have leaned today, they will be guided to enjoy the scenery of their favorite season and try to find the beauty of our life. They are asked to do a survey about their parents’ favorite season and share next class.
5. Blackboard design
Unit 2 My favorite season
spring summer autumn winter
Which season do you like best?